Skip to main content

bff bracelets

Hello!  Before I show you the new jewelry I made, I wanted to share something kind of funny and a little irritating, actually, to me.  All the time that I have been sewing, I have been threading my machine wrong.  Wrong, wrong, wrong.  I think my mistake was just listening to my hubby when I should have read the directions myself.  And the weird thing is that it still sewed okay.  The only reason why I discovered all the wrong things I was taught was because I couldn't get nice even stitches on my current projects and it was driving me crazy.  I spent a lot of the day just looking online and then finally took out the instructions and oh my goodness, what a revelation!  I was even winding the bobbin wrong and putting that in the machine wrong too!  Geez, I thought my hubby read the directions but I guess guys really don't read any instructions and try to just wing it themselves.  So I had to give the hubby some scoldings when he came home but he still thinks his way is better cause it worked for so long.

Before I started my sewing projects, I made a couple of quick bracelets.  I got this super cute heart link chain and finally decided to make simple bracelets with them.  Then I metal stamped bff on the small sterling silver round discs and added them to the chain.  It reminded me of the time my middle school BFF and I got matching bracelets too.  So I made 2.

One for me and one for you.  These measure about 6.5 inches.  I think they're sweet.  Not sure if I'll be adding them to my Etsy store yet.  I signed up for a small craft fair so maybe gotta hoard some crafts so I can sell them there. 

Oh, Sister Stamps will be showing previews soon.  So check that out.  Thanks so much for stopping by!



Comments

Catherine said…
Your bracelets are adorable Eva ! You made me laugh about your sewing tribulations !!! Hugs, blessings and love from Catherine
Lynn said…
The bracelets are charming with the bff charm. The heart chain is a perfect match! I agree about men and directions....but don't tell my hubby...he thinks he's a genius! LOL!
Cheryl said…
That is kind of funny about your thread. At least it managed to sew for that long. Pretty bracelets! The heart links are so cute! Have fun at the craft fair!
Rachel Parys said…
Beyond cute!! Such a great idea!!!
Denice said…
Love these BFF bracelets...pretty and delicate.
LOL, just like a guy to make up his own instructions and think it's the correct way!
Your bracelets are bound to be a hot seller at the craft fair. Really love the heart chain and bff charm.
Leanne said…
Aww love these!! I'll need to stop by the shop and see what goodies you have in stock. the chain is off the hook! hahaha!

Oh yeah, some men assume because it's a machine it's built in their DNA that they already know how it works. lol.. wrong!! hahaha!
Blogger said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet