Skip to main content

Calendars, Calendars, Calendars

Hi!  So I guess the theme this year was calendars!  I made a whole bunch.  Last year I made a whole bunch of little notepads and note cards for Christmas gifts.  This took me a while to do.  I made some for teachers, friends and family.  Above is the CD insert using the PTI Calendar Basics set.

The teachers' ones looked like the one above.  I used PTI's Teacher's Apple stamp set.  The calendar pages are die cut with their calendar die and all the individual calendar pages are from PTI also.  A lot of cranking of the Big Shot.

This was the first teacher calendar I made.  It was also the last one to use patterned paper cause after doing all this I couldn't fit it into the CD case!  It was too thick.  So only a few pages will fit at a time in the CD case if you embellish too much.  That's why I decided to just stamp on the cardstock instead.

I made a couple of sets using PTI's All About You stamp set with fresh snow ink.  Some of my pages got globby with the white ink.  And the ink showed up much nicer are the darker paper of course.  I tried not to put too much ink on the stamp and to wipe off the excess with a paper towel every so often.  That helped a lot to just leave clean stamped lines.  Live and learn, I suppose.  But this was inspired from Nicole Heady's calendar.  If only I had the entire Year of Flowers collection with matching cardstock and ink too . . .

Isn't this one of the cutest papers ever??  This line of papers and the paper pad from Imaginisce is so cute.  I had to make a calendar with the papers.

You can click on the photo to see the papers closer.

This paper pad set is from Wild Rose Studio.  The papers were thin so much easier to fit into the CD cases plus I didn't need to do anything to decorate the pages.  Just cut and slide in the calendar pages.  And after so much cutting, I really wanted something simple.

Lastly, I made one using pictures of my kids.  I didn't die cut the pictures.  I just trimmed some 5 x 7 photos to fit into the CD cases and taped the individual calendar pages to each one.  I taped some patterned paper behind some of the photos that were too short.  If the calendar page was too big in some cases, I just trimmed it to fit better on the photo.  I wanted to try something like this after I had seen Heather Nichols' post.  But I didn't have much time to search for pictures that had enough space for me to die cut in the right area for the calendar page to slide into.  So I thought this would save me time and frustration.

The spine of some of the CD calendars I made. In total, I think I made about 15 CD calendars and a couple of easel calendars. 

Thanks for reading this long post about calendars!  Have a great day!

Comments

Lorraine said…
WOW, these are beautiful, Eva! I especially like the one you made out of photos. You put a lot of handmade effort into all of your gifts. I'm sure the recipients love them. (Oh, and I did not jump on the PTI calendar bandwagon so I'm living through those of you who did, lol.)
Cheryl said…
Love your calendars! Good tips for stamping with the white ink, gotta try that, I think I go overboard with tapping on the inkpad. The princess paper is so cute! You fit the calendars onto your photos really well. It boggles my mind how your 3 kids pose nicely together for photos!

Popular posts from this blog

Snowman gift card holder

Hi!  I was planning to post this last night but I was just too tired to write or think of complete sentences.  It's been a busy week with the boys on Fall break and still trying to finish up a bunch of crafts.  I have been trying to make some crocheted crafts to put in my Etsy shop and finally I'm done with one.  It's a crocheted snowman that can hold a gift card or anything actually that is small enough to fit in the pouch.  The pattern is designed by ChiWei Ranck of One Dog Woof and can be found HERE . Here's the little snowman with his arms folded over in the front to look like he is hugging the card.  I added this fun card that I stamped.  You can definitely add in a gift card too behind this card. The gift card reaches under his nose. This is how the little opening of the pouch looks.  I hope I can make more of these little guys.  These would be so cute for teachers and I think it would be easy to put a little wire through the hat and then use it as

coffee cup shaped cards

Hi!  I think after this post I may need a little nap!  My right shoulder is actually feeling worn out from all the typing and photo editing I've been doing lately.  And this cooler weather is making me drowsy.  It's getting cold here already! I made a bunch of these coffee shaped cards using a die from Honey Bee Stamps .  It's a cute coffee set but the die is extra long so it would probably help to have a longer platform to diecut.  I just have the standard sized one so I would pass it through once in my Big Shot and then rotate the cardstock and die carefully to cut the other end.  Manageable but the longer platform would be more convenient! I embossed the front of the card with some pretty snowflakes.  I think this is a Sizzix embossing folder.  And then stamped the coffee sleeve with some Lawn Fawn stamps. This is the inside.  The gift card slot does not come with this coffee cup die set.  I cut that opening with one of the dies from MFT's gift card dies.

all occasion tags

Hello!  I have more tags to share today.  I kept these simple too to be used on most any occasion.  They have no sentiments on them. I used MFT's cute Birdie Brown Bitty Bears stamp set.  These were on my wish list for a while and I kept going back and forth about purchasing them especially because I wanted the dies to cut them out too and those were very expensive!  Geez, remember the old days when we used to fussy cut everything out by hand? This is the next 6 tags.  There's also a cute bear with a Santa hat that I didn't include in the photos.  This was a pretty quick project since I kept the bears white!  Not much coloring on these tags but they are still cute and colorful. I thought I was going to be doing more stamping but I've actually gone on to crochet more!  I've made 3 more crochet projects that I'll share soon.  Sometimes I do get the urge to color something but these days it's so much easier to pick up some yarn and my hook and crochet